The theme of the 2016 conference is “Bridging Worlds through Science”. The meeting will focus on different aspects of science diplomacy and the pivotal role we as young scientists can play. The fields of science diplomacy that will be explored in depth are open data and science diplomacy, as well as the opportunities of science diplomacy related to international negotiation and peace building.
- Panel Discussion on “Open Data and Science Diplomacy” with Simon Hodson, Executive Director of CODATA, Daisy Selematsela, Executive Director Knowledge Management Corporate (KMC), National Research Foundation, and GYA members Sabina Leonelli, Abdullah Shams Bin Tariq, Alexander Kagansky and Anina Rich
- Panel Discussion on “Science Diplomacy for International Negotiation and Peace Building” with Zafra Lerman, President of the Malta Conferences Foundation, Helmut Schwarz, President of the Humboldt Foundation, Daya Reddy, President-Elect of ICSU and GYA member Badre Abdeslam and GYA members Vidushi Neergheen-Bhujun and Vanny Narita (tbc)
- Reception and Dinner with thematic discussions in Utrecht with representatives from Utrecht University, TU Eindhoven, Dutch Young Academy and the Young Academy of the University of Twente preceded by a Tour through the historic canals of Utrecht
- Science Session featuring presentations from GYA members, chaired by GYA members Yusuf Baran and Thomas Edison Dela Cruz
- Workshop on Science Diplomacy in collaboration with UNESCO on 25 May morning and early afternoon
- …and plenty of time for Working Group and Theme sessions!
Participation is by invitation only!
|24 May 2016||
Arrival of EC members and members participating in the training
|25 May 2016||Arrival of other GYA members, Workshop starting at 09:00; New Member Session at 13:30, AGM Welcome starting at 15:30|
|26- 27 May 2016||Public days with Panel Discussions and Science Sessions|
27 late evening –
28 May evening
|29 May 2016||Departure, meeting MD with old and new Co-Chairs|